I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 1 August 2011

Why idolatry?

The apostle Paul explained that the human tendency to attribute intelligence and life-giving powers to the physical creation has been a big source of religious blindness and superstition. (Romans 1:21-25). The First Commandment warns us not to accept a religion or philosophy that teaches that our life and well-being originate from or depend on anything other than the one true God. The fact is that there is no other source of life or blessings but God. There is no other higher power. God alone created and sustains the world in which we exist, "Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to the Lord your God, also the earth with all that is in it" (Deuteronomy 10:14). This is the message in the First Commandment, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind" (Matthew 22:35-38). We are to worship and serve our God, the one true miracle-working God. We are to love, respect and honour Him, whilst maintaining a real and genuine personal relationship with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment