I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Truth as a way of life

"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour" (Exodus 20:16)


 

The Ninth Commandment addresses the issue of lying and the importance of truth to God. The Scriptures make frequent reference to God's truth:

"Every word of God is pure" (Proverbs 30:5)

"the Scripture of Truth" (Daniel 10:21)

"Your word is truth" (John 17:17)

The Bible teaches us that God is of truth and that His word is right and all His work is done in truth (Psalm 33:4). As the source of truth, God requires that His servants always speak truthfully and expects truth to permeate every part of our lives.

When Jesus returns to establish His rule, restoring regard for truth as a universal way of life will be a priority, "Thus says the Lord: 'I will return to Zion, and dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth' (Zechariah 8:3)

Psalm 85 reveals the emphasis God will place on truth and righteousness upon Christ's return, "Surely His salvation is near to those who fear Him, that glory may dwell in our land. Mercy and truth have met together; righteousness and peace have kissed. Truth shall spring out of the earth, and righteousness shall look down from heaven. Yes, the Lord will give what is good; and our land will yield its increase. Righteousness will go before Him, and shall make His footsteps our pathway" (Psalm 85:9-13).

When this time comes, Jesus Christ will insist that all of mankind follows His footsteps in accepting, believing and speaking the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment