I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 1 August 2011

Godly priorities

Jesus was once asked which law in all Scripture was the greatest. Jesus replied, emphasising the supreme importance of our personal relationship with God: "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind" (Matthew 22:35-38)

Establishing, developing and maintaining a personal relationship with the one true God is the most important commitment we can ever make. This is the main aim of the 1st commandment: "You shall have no other gods before Me" (Exodus 20:3)

There are many things which can take the place of the worship of a true God in our hearts and minds. Modern society and culture are full of such distractions. The adoration of these things will eliminate any possibility of us establishing or maintaining a real relationship with God.

All that we are and everything that we have comes from one source only - God. The apostle Paul warns us not to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17)

The Bible tells us many times that our Maker is the one and only true God, "But the Lord is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King" (Jeremiah 10:10)

God created a beautiful planet for us which provides everything we need for our material survival and well-being. He wants us to enjoy and appreciate what he has given us. However, He wants us to understand that we must never direct our worship toward anything He has created, or regard it as the source of our life and blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment