I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Fighting Fear with Prayer

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." James 5:16


 

Fear attacks all of us. It is the devil's way of tormenting us and preventing us from moving forward so that we cannot enjoy the life Jesus died to give us. Fears are not realities, they are false evidence having the illusion of being real, planted by the devil. If we accept the fears that the devil offers and give voice to them, we open the door for the enemy and close the door on God.

Faith is released through prayer, which takes tremendous power available to us if we choose to tap into it. The devil endeavours to weaken us through fear, but God strengthens us as we fellowship with Him in prayer.


 

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." Matthew 26:41


 

We need to watch ourselves and guard against the attacks that the devil launches against our minds and emotions. When these attacks are detected, we need to immediately pray. It would be foolish to think that the attack will go away on its own - it won't. It is praying that releases the power against the enemy.


 

Pray about everything and fear nothing.

When fear knocks at the door, let faith answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment