I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Help for the Lonely

"...God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you..." Hebrews 13:5 Message


 

There are so many lonely people in this world. Loneliness doesn't necessarily mean that you have no friends or family around you. We all know the phrase 'alone in a crowd'. Loneliness is felt in your mind and in your heart and the feeling does not necessarily fit in with the perception that people have of you. You may be the life and soul of a social gathering but feel like you are dying of loneliness on the inside.

There are many factors that can leave a person feeling lonely, confused and abandoned, the death of a loved one for example. Your circumstances do not have to be severe for you to be lonely. You may have moved to a new town, started a new school or begun a new job and you don't seem to fit in just yet.

'Social poverty' (political term), is becoming much more widespread due to modern living; working from home on a computer, commuting alone in the car, fast food, iPods, internet to name but a few factors.

This is not how God wanted us to be. Pray for favour. Step out and be friendly, don't wait for someone else to make the first move before you are willing to enter into fellowship. Don't be passive, get involved and you will receive companionship, joy and love. Touch someone else's life today as well as your own.


 

And remember God's words: "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment