I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Dying to Live

"Then the cares and anxieties of the world and distractions of the age, and the pleasure and delight and false glamour and deceitfulness of riches, and the craving and passionate desire for other things creep in and choke and suffocate the Word, and it becomes fruitless." Mark 4:19


 

If we want to live the 'higher life', we need to be willing to die to the 'lower life'.

One of the main reasons that people are not rooted in God's Word is that they have too strong an attachment to the world. They want the higher life, but they are just not willing to give up the lower life.

There is a life to be lived that is so superior to anything that this world has to offer. No comparison can be made, but we must die to self and all its ways and demands in order to attain it. We must die to our own ways of being and doing - the fleshly ways of handling situations. We must also die to our own thoughts and our own idle and contrary talk. We need to learn to live beyond our feelings.

The bottom line is that God relentlessly pursues the flesh and is intent on setting us free from its control. Choose to die to self and all things of the flesh so that you can live the higher life that God has prepared for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment