I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 14 August 2011

Living in the Kingdom

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33


 

As children of God it is our honour and privilege to live in His Kingdom. The Kingdom of God is peace, joy and righteousness in the Holy Spirit. We could possess every single thing in the world, but without righteousness, peace and joy we have nothing!

People who do not have Christ in their lives have 'things', but very few of them are truly satisfied. It is only God that can give us satisfaction deep within ourselves.

Jesus wants us to know that we are right with God because of what He has done for us. He wants us to have peace and joy in the middle of our tribulations. Only He can give us that. 'Things' can never produce lasting joy by themselves, we need God's input too.

When things are right on the inside, outward things don't matter so much. When they don't matter as much to us, God can give us more of them. When we keep our eyes on the true Kingdom of God, on Him, His righteousness, His peace and His joy, the rest will be given to us in abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment