I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 19 August 2011

I will not fear

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7


 

Fear robs many people of their faith. Fear of failure, fear of man and fear of rejection are some of the strongest fears employed by the devil to hinder us fro, making progress. But no matter what kind of fear the enemy sends against us, the important things is to overcome it. When we are faced with fear, we absolutely must not give in to it. It is so important to our victory that we do not fear.

There are two standard reactions to fear; flight and fight. The devil wants us to run (flight). God wants us to stand still and see his deliverance (fight).

Because of fear, many people do not confront their issues; they spend their lives running and running. We need to learn to stand our ground and face our fears knowing that we have the power of God behind us.

Fear of failure is something that torments so many people. We perhaps fear most what others will think of us if we do fail. But it is far better to try something and fail than to have never tried at all.


 

Show no fear - the Spirit of the Lord is in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment