I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Casting all your Cares

"Therefore humble yourselves...casting the whole of your care on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully." 1 Peter 5:6-7


 

Worry, anxiety and care have no positive benefit on our lives. They certainly never bring a solution to our problems. They do not help us achieve good health, in fact they have the opposite effect and make us ill. Most worryingly, they prevent our growth in the Word of God.

One of the ways that the devil steals the Word of God from our heart is through cares. The Bible says that we are to cast our cares onto God, which is done by prayer. The truth is that we are unable to handle our own problems efficiently, we are simply not built to be able to do so. We are created by God to be dependent upon Him, to bring Him our cares and challenges and to allow Him to help us with them.

It is important that we do not take the care upon ourselves. Keeping our cares is a manifestation of pride. It shows that we think we can solve our own problems and that we don't need God.

We need to show humility and we do this by leaning on God. Worry, anxiety and care are not manifestations of leaning on God, but they clearly state by their very existence that we are attempting to take care of ourselves.


 

We need to learn to pray about everything and worry about nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment