I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 13 August 2011

Lord, teach me to pray

"One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, 'Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.' "


 

As a Christian it is important for us to spend time in prayer. But if we are going to spend time in prayer, we want to be sure that our time is well spent and that our prayers are effective and also that we are praying prayers that God can answer. It is also right that we enjoy our prayer time.

A successful prayer life does not happen overnight, nor can it be copied from someone else. Prayers are and should be highly individual and personal or they will not work for us. We just can't copy what someone else is doing and expect it to work for us. Our prayer life is and always will be a 'work in progress'. It progresses as we progress in our walk with Christ.

Often our prayers are too vague and not expressed clearly enough. When you pray, you need to be totally clear with the Lord about what you are praying about. Prayer needs to be bold, expectant and specific. God loves you. Don't be afraid to be bold with Him.


 

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:12


 

We are encouraged in Hebrews to come fearlessly, boldly and confidently to the throne of grace. If you struggle with your prayer life, be honest with God, tell Him your needs. If you ask Him, He will help you. Just say, "Lord, teach me to pray"

No comments:

Post a Comment