I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

No Flesh shall Glory

"And God also selected what in the world is lowborn and insignificant and branded and treated with contempt, even the things that are nothing, that He might depose and bring to nothing the things that are, so that no mortal man should boast in the presence of God." 1 Corinthians 1:28,29


 

God often chooses unlikely people to work through. He does this because there is a better chance that He will get the glory if He uses people who are nothing and have nothing going for them in the natural. It remains yet to be seen what God can do through a man or woman who is willing to give Him all the glory.

All good comes from God. Any good that occurs through us is a manifestation of God flowing through us. This should provoke in us a thankful heart, that we are thankful to God that He has chosen to use us.

It would be wrong to look for human honour or mortal fame. Instead, we should be seeking God's approval. If we begin to live our lives glorifying God and not seeking glory for ourselves, God promises that we will be blessed and honoured.


 

Being recognised in a positive way in the spiritual realm is the desirable goal: being known among men is not.

No comments:

Post a Comment