I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 1 August 2011

A meaningful life

Romans 11:36 - "For from him and through him and to him are all things."

God is your creator and as such he gives you value. You are made in his image, and his breath is the very reason that you are alive. This knowledge in itself should bring great significance to your life. You were created by God, to know God and to enjoy fellowship with him, your creator.

God gave humans the highest place in all creation and the awesome responsibility of managing and caring for his creation. This is truly meaningful and a very big honour for us!

Matthew 4:19 - " 'Come, follow me', Jesus said, 'and I will make you fishers of men.' At once they left their nets and followed him."

Just like the fishermen, God has called all of us to participate in his work in the world. He wants every single one of us to follow him and make an eternal impact on others on his behalf. And knowing that death is not the end if you follow Jesus will enrich your life with eternal meaning and significance, which will encourage you to do God's work. If you know that there is life after death, you can gain a true perspective on what you do in the here and now.

John 6:27 - "Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you."

There is far, far more in this world to be had than unnecessary purchases and time spent on activities which may entertain us for a while but do nothing to fulfil us in our walk of faith. Entertainment is important, but leading a life filled with Christ is of higher importance. It is a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ, today and through eternity, that gives life meaning. You were created for a purpose, and the better you get to know Jesus, the clearer his purpose for you and your life will become.

Psalm 40:8 - "I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."

Pleasing God by obeying him and doing his will has a very important purpose. It prepares you to be used by God to accomplish his purposes for your life. God offers us a lot of help so that we can lead a meaningful life and we are truly blessed by this.

God's purpose for you is to be one of his children and to live in the complete security of his love every single moment - this is a life full of meaning, love and significance!

No comments:

Post a Comment