I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 5 August 2011

Commandments 5 to 10

The Fifth Commandment is the beginning of the second series in the Ten Commandments. The fifth to the tenth are standards which we should all strive to reach in areas of human behaviour that affect those around us.

Our abuse and exploitation of each other is appalling. The intensity and magnitude of the violence which we inflict on one another is inexcusable. We desperately need to reverse the horrifying results of our inability to get along with each other. We really need to learn how to work together and get along in every area of our lives so that we can build stable and loving relationships.

This is where the last six commandments come into play. They clearly define the areas of behaviour in human nature that cause the biggest problems and prevent global peace and cooperation.

The Fifth Commandment sets the tone for the final six and it addresses the importance of our learning to treat each other with respect and honour.

No comments:

Post a Comment