I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 19 August 2011

The Spirit of Offence

"Keep and guard your heart with all vigilance and above all that you guard, for out of it flows the springs of life." Proverbs 4:23


 

The spirit of offence poisons lives and attitudes every single minute of every single day. The word 'offence' has Greek roots and historically means the part of a trap that holds bait to catch an animal; the part which lured and snared the animal.

The devil uses offence to lure people into full blown cases of bitterness, resentment and unforgiveness. The devil uses offence to make us stumble and fail to move forward with God.

The temptation to get offended is a trap that should be totally avoided. If we would not take poison, we should not take offence. If we would be champions for God we must not be easily offended.

Many people never become what God wants them to be because they get offended. They get bitter. Offence becomes a huge stumbling block to them, and they never progress beyond that point. They lose. The devil wins.

No person can do permanent damage to you if you are willing to be mature enough to refuse offence, and instead trust God. This is a winning attitude and will stand you in good step in your walk of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment