I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 13 August 2011

Abide in Christ

"If you remain in men and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you" John 15:7


 

There are some awesome promises made in the Word of God to those who learn to abide in Christ. When we abide in Him, we are living in Him, dwelling in a protected place. There, we can rest, trusting and relying on Him and His promises. Christ is our place of rest, our refuge, a place to settle down into, and wait for Him to do what we could never do.

As we abide in Christ, our will is joined with His. His desires become our desires, our concerns become the same as His. We become like Him as we abide in Him.

Jesus said, "I am the Vine; you are the branches..." John 15:5. A branch cannot survive on its own, unattached to the vine, broken off. It needs to be attached the vine, joined so that it can be at one and draw strength from the vine. Christians who have or appear to have lost their spark or quality of life, need to spend more time abiding in the vine - Christ.


 

The life of abiding is a peaceful and fruitful life. Enter in and abide!

No comments:

Post a Comment