I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 11 August 2011

Feeling Rejected?

"All that the Father gives to me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away" John 6:37


 

Sadly, many people are held back in their lives because of a deep fear of rejection. Some are imprisoned because they won't accept themselves. Many are highly talented but won't express themselves because they fear being rejected. They fear and worry too much about what others think.


 

Because of this chronic fear of rejection, many keep God at arm's length. They believe that God will reject them just as others have. The truth is that God will never, ever reject anyone. He loves every single one of us unconditionally.


 

Some people try so hard to be pleasing and acceptable to God, but the reality is that God accepts us just as we are. He does not expect us to put on a perfect performance. In fact he expects no perfection in us at all. He just wants us to love Him and to let Him love us.


 

God will not reject us because of our weaknesses and mistakes. He wants to heal us from our past hurts and rejections. Most of all He wants us to always know that He will never, ever reject us no matter what we might think or believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment