I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 14 August 2011

The 5 Rs

(Rested, Refreshed, Revived, Restored, Refilled)

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28


 

When we get to the point that we are so burned out and over-burdened that we just can't take it anymore, what can we do? Jesus said, "Come to me...", but what then? What do we do when we have come to Him? Quite simply, we are to come to Him to receive!

If we ask and ask and keep on asking and never receive, then we become frustrated. Jesus doesn't want that, he wants us to have joy in our heart. One of the main reasons that we do not receive is that what has been provided for us is free, but due to how our general society works, we keep trying to do something to earn it. But this is totally unnecessary as Jesus has already paid the price.

The New Covenant is according to grace. It is based on the goodness of God and the work that Jesus has already accomplished, not on our merit or works.


 

to receive = to acquire of take something that has been offered

to get = to acquire as a result of action or effort


 

When we get something, we obtain it by struggle or effort. When we receive something, we obtain it by acting as a receptacle and taking in what someone else is offering.

Receive what Jesus is pouring out. Come into His presence and drink of His forgiveness, His love, His mercy and grace. Enter into God's rest and receive what has already been poured out and you will be rested, refreshed, revived, restored and refilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment