I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 1 August 2011

Does God answer prayer?

Psalm 116:1-2 - "I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live."

God does answer prayer. He listens carefully to each and every prayer and answers it. His answer to your prayer will fall into 1 of 3 categories: 1. yes 2. no 3. wait. These 3 responses are also used by any loving parent. A 'yes' answer is very pleasing, but to answer yes to every request would spoil you and jeopardise your wellbeing. Answering 'no' to every request would be mean and vindictive and damaging to your spirit. Answering wait to every prayer would clearly be very frustrating. God himself always answers on what he knows is best for you.

James 5:16 - "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

Learning to have and maintain a close relationship with Jesus is essential for spiritual success. Staying close to Jesus and consistently studying his word will ensure that your prayers become more aligned with his will. In this state, you are more likely to receive a 'yes' answer. And sometimes you will find that God actually answers your prayer by giving you something better than you asked for!


 

Pray!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment