I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 19 August 2011

Dread

"But without faith it is impossible to please and be satisfactory to Him. For whoever would come near to God must believe that God exists and that He is the rewarder of those who earnestly and diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6


 

Dread is very closely related to fear. Both dread and fear scream out loud that we are not working and living in faith, which is the only way to please God.

Fear often prevents us from going forward and doing what we want to do. Dread robs us of the peace and joy of 'now' because we have a negative attitude toward what we are going to do even though we don't want to feel that way about it.

Understanding that God always equips us for whatever we need to do will bring deliverance from the spirit of dread. With our faith firmly in God there is no need to dread anything at all.

We can face life with a confident attitude, knowing that wherever God guides us, He will provide. God gives us grace one day at a time. Every time you realise you are dreading something, make the choice to stop dreading and just believe that you can do whatever you need to do, with joy, because God is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment