I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 27 August 2011

Hearing from God

"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come." John 16:13


 

Divine guidance is God's will for His children. We must believe that God does want to speak to us and that we can hear from Him. One of the ministries of the Holy Spirit in our lives is to guide or lead us into God's will for each of us in every situation. We don't automatically know how to be led by the Spirit. We need to learn and it takes teaching, studying, training, exercising and making a few mistakes along the way.

Making a mistake is not the end of the world. The important thing is that we learn from our mistakes and don't just sweep them under the carpet and walk on as if they never happened. Adopt a pioneering spirit and be willing and open to learn. These are some pointers that will help:

1. Pray and have fellowship with God regularly

2. Create an atmosphere that is conducive to hearing God

3. Want God's will more than your own

4. Know that God will lead you step by step and will often not reveal His entire plan at the beginning

5. Be a thankful person

6. Be led by peace and wisdom

The Holy Spirit wants to lead you into God's good plan for your life. He will speak to you and you can respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment