I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 23 August 2011

When you are hurting

"If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgotten, if there was anything to forgive, I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes." 2 Corinthians 2:10-11


 

Most people know what it is like to be emotionally hurt. Emotional wounding comes through various sources. The devil is the originator of our wounds, and he works through situations and people to hurt us for two main reasons.

Firstly, the devil enjoys destruction and he wants to build a dam in our lives that consists of emotional wounds. Secondly, he wants to have total control over our feelings. The devil knows that when we have been hurt emotionally, we usually act emotionally. If he can hurt our feelings and get us to react accordingly, he will be able to keep us separated from many of God's messages.

It is pretty impossible to go through life and not get hurt at some point. The reality is that we can expect to get hurt many times. But we can expect to learn how to stay in control of our reactions when we get hurt. We need to aim and expect to be the victor, not the victim.

In those hard times you need to turn to the Holy Spirit and not to people. Keep yourself stable and remember that God is your vindicator. He will ensure that you are repaid for your pain and loss.


 

Don't fall into the devil's trap: Be the victor, not the victim!

No comments:

Post a Comment