I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 6 August 2011

Dealing with sexual sins

Due to the prevalence of promiscuity, not many people begin serving God with a clean slate on a sexual level. Therefore, for us to have a proper relationship with God, it is important that we correctly understand how God views our past. We must understand that God is merciful and wants to help us turn our lives around. He rejoices when we repent and obey Him, when we begin living by His royal law of love (Ezekiel 33:11)

When a woman was caught in adultery and brought before Jesus, He did not condone her sin. But neither did He condemn her. Instead he told her, "Go and sin no more" (John 8:11)

David tells us that God is "merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy" (Psalm 103:8). The apostle John explained that "if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9)

Simple regret for what we have done isn't enough. God wants us to diligently study His Word. Then, when we truly begin turning our lives around, God promises that "though your sin are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow" (Isaiah 1:18). Genuine repentance followed by the acceptance of the forgiveness of God is an important and integral part of our spiritual development.

No comments:

Post a Comment