I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 26 August 2011

Our Inner Life

"Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in." 1 Peter 3:4 Message


 

We all have an inner life and an outer life. The outer life is the reputation that we have with other people. The inner life is our reputation that we share with God.

We need to pay attention to what is going on inside us. Thoughts, inner attitudes, motives and desires - all these things are important to God. As far as He is concerned, the inner self is the real person. A truly powerful Christian is one with a pure heart, one who wholeheartedly serves God.

Our inner life is made up of our soul and our spirit. Our human spirit is a gift from the Holy Spirit at the time of our birth. God's will and desire for us then is that we desire and allow the Holy Spirit to dwell in our soul. Our soul is our mind, our will and our emotions. Our spirit in cooperation with the Holy Spirit performs the function of conscience, intuition and communion with God.

We need to cooperate with God to allow the divine life force that came into our spirit when we were saved to dwell in and be at home in our entire being. We need to be accountable for our own inner lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment