I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Managing your Emotions

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings." 1 Peter 5:8-9


 

An emotional person in someone who is easily affected or stirred by emotions. Their way of being and their behaviour is ruled by emotions rather than reason. A person who lives by emotion will generally live without principle.

We all have emotions, we need them and they will never go away. But, we cannot trust them. We need to seek God to learn how to manage our emotions and stop them from ruling our lives.

We were created to function in the fruit of self-control. Self-control is freedom, not bondage. We are free to use wisdom, obey God and follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. We are liberated from being pushed around by our feelings. We don't have to do what we feel like doing; we are free to do what we know is wise.

Be honest with yourself. If you believe that you are not managing your emotions, pray and seek God about emotional security. Bear in mind;

-If you live by your emotions, you live without principle

-Emotions cannot be trusted

-You cannot walk in the Spirit and be led by emotions

-Emotions will never disappear, but you can learn to manage them.

Make emotional maturity a main goal in your life and you will reap the benefits in many areas of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment