I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 26 August 2011

Private Property

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5


 

If we are going to give God all the glory, we need to manifest excellence. An excellent life begins with a mind filled with excellent thoughts and excellent attitudes. All fruit has a root from where it began to grow. The root of all our actions comes from thoughts. Each action comes from a thought. Each word we speak comes from a thought. Attitudes begin with thoughts and emotions also take root in our thoughts.

Choosing excellence in your thought life is a private matter. Only you and God know exactly what is going on in your own mind. In 2 Corinthians 10:5 the apostle Paul teaches us to cast down all wrong thoughts that go against God's Word. Paul is basically saying, "Keep your mind reserved for His Word and His Word only.


 

"Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost peace." Psalm 51:6


 

God wants to there to only be truth within our thoughts. Start paying more attention to your thought processes and your thought life. Your words, moods and attitudes are rooted in there. Live your life just for God, dedicate your whole self to Him and live as if you are reserved property, reserved only for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment