I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Let God be God

"For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome." Jeremiah 29:11


 

God has a plan and a purpose for each of us and a specific way and perfect time to bring it to fruition. Many of our frustrations and much of our misery comes from either not believing that fact, or believing it but being determined to do things our way and in our own time, determined to exalt our own will and timing above God's.


 

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord" Isaiah 55:8


 

According to Isaiah, God's thoughts are not our thoughts, and His ways are not our ways. We want what feels good right now, but God has something far greater for us.

We are constantly trying to figure out something we do not understand or trying to make something happen now that is not happening yet. It seems as if we are always trying, but as believers, all we actually need to do is ... believe!

Frequently asking God 'Why?' and 'When?' will do nothing but keep us frustrated and stop us enjoying peace. Many times we just don't understand what God is doing, but that is what trust is all about.


 

Let God be God in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment