I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 15 August 2011

God's Mercy

"Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy." Matthew 5:7


 

Mercy is an attribute of God's character that is seen in how He deals with His people. Mercy is good to us when we deserve punishment. Mercy accepts and blesses us when we deserve to be totally rejected. Mercy understands our weaknesses and infirmities and does not judge and criticise us.

Mercy appears to be a matter of sowing and reaping of sorts. We all want to reap mercy, therefore we need to learn how to sow it towards a plentiful harvest, available for when we need it.

We cannot give mercy to others if we do not know how to receive mercy from God. The love of God works in the same way. Many people are unable to walk in love and one of the reasons for this is that they have never received the love of God for themselves; so they have none to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment