I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 28 August 2011

Drinking from Jesus' Cup

"Are you able to drink the cup that I am about to drink from?" Matthew 20:22


 

This way the response that Jesus gave to the request of His disciples James and John to sit on His right and left hand.

Many people want God to bless them with a high position, but they are not ready to stop living a self-centred life. In God's opinion, selfishness is a low level of living. Until you are ready to surrender 'self' or your life will not progress to a higher level.

We have a choice to make. We can choose to spend our lives trying to get what we want when we want it, but it is a lower life. If we refuse to give up the lower life, we will never have the desired higher life. But, if we are willing to give up the lower (natural) life, then God will give us the higher (spiritual) life.

Before Jesus could be seated at the right hand side of the Father, he had to lay down the lower life before He got the higher life.

In order to be promoted as Jesus was, we must crucify the flesh. We need to forget about ourselves, stop thinking about ourselves, talking about ourselves, and trying to get our own way. We first need to make an investment, then God will give us a mighty gift in return.

If you want the higher life, be willing to drink the cup that Jesus drank - the cup of unselfishness. Break the bondage of selfishness off your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment