I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 29 August 2011

Lazy and Lukewarm

"For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands." 2 Timothy 1:6


 

Passivity poses a very real threat and we need to be on our guard against the spirit of it. Passivity is one of the greatest tools that the devil uses against us, God's people. Procrastination and laziness are related to passivity and they usually all attack in a group. A passive person waits to be moved by an outside force before he will take action. We need to be motivated and led by the Holy Spirit within us, not by outside forces.

"So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I am about to spit you out of my mouth." Revelation 3:16

In Revelation Jesus warns that He will not be satisfied with lukewarmness and that we need to be full of the zeal of God. Zeal isn't something we usually jump out of bed with on a morning, but we can learn how to call up the gift from within us. Speaking the Word of God through prayer, praise, preaching or confession are the best ways to encourage zeal. These ways will stir up the gift within and keep the fire aflame, stopping you from becoming lukewarm.

Refuse to be passive, turn away from procrastination and laziness. Act with diligence and zeal according to the Word of God and keep that inner flame alight!

No comments:

Post a Comment