I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 12 August 2011

The Fullness of Joy

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."


 

There are so many awesome benefits to be had from simply spending time with God. The presence of the Lord is always with us. We just don't always recognise it or take time to be conscious of it.


 

There appears to be a great lacking of contentment, not only in the world but also among God's people. Many people spend their lives chasing things that they believe will bring them joy, such as the latest electronic gadgets, wild holidays and designer clothes. But the fact is that nothing can keep us truly satisfied except for God Himself.


 

When people are not satisfied on the inside, they usually begin to look for some outwardly thing to satisfy their hunger. This generally results in a fruitless search for the thing that they believe will bring them fullness. But the truth is that nothing external will ever fill the emptiness within.


 

People climb the managerial ladder with the expectation that once they reach the top they will be instantly filled with joy, contentment and satisfaction. But on placing their foot on the top rung a huge anti-climax ensues. This will be the same for any type of ladder which we decide to climb.


 

When we finally start to keep our priorities straight, we will realise that everything we really need in life is found in the Lord.


 

If you seek to dwell in His presence, you will find the path of life, the fullness of joy and pleasures from now until eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment