I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 13 August 2011

Be still and know that I am God

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth" Psalm 46:10


 

This has to be one of the most awesome commands that God has ever given to man - Be still - Magnificent!

This should not be misunderstood by thinking that it means that we are to be passive or lazy. What it actually means is that we are to do whatever God leads us to do, without running ahead of Him in the energy of the flesh.

We need to take care to submit our ideas and plans to God, then slow down and wait. You need to make sure that there is a sense of peace that goes along with your plans and ideas. Ask the Lord for His will in your life, then be still and know that He is God!

Putting trust in God is of profound importance. It entails putting your trust in the Lord with absolutely no knowledge of what He is going to do, when He is going to do it, and how He is going to do it.

If you turn your heart toward God in loving trust, He will do what needs to be done. God will always give His highest and best to those who trust in Him. Be still and let Him show His strength in your life, and know that He will never fail or disappoint you.


 

Be still!

No comments:

Post a Comment