I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Grace, Grace, Grace

"But He gives us more and more grace. God sets Himself against the proud but gives grace to the lowly" James 4:6


 

All human beings have evil tendencies, but James teaches us that God will continually give us more and more and more grace to meet these tendencies.

Seeking grace can be a trying time as we have to stop being proud. We need to reach a place of humility and learn that God gives grace to the humble and not the proud.

We all have our ideas about what we think we can accomplish, but often we think more highly of ourselves than we ought to. We need to have a humble attitude, knowing that if we are away from God, we can do nothing.

Some people plan to do things their own way, trying to make things happen in the strength of their own flesh. This is where they stumble as things will not usually go to plan. But, trust in God's grace and things will begin to go right.


 

Just relax and let God be God

No comments:

Post a Comment