I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Integrity

"The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity." Proverbs 11:3


 

Society has been declining in various ways for many years to the point that it no longer honours God. We live in a world that is not concerned about integrity. Our greedy, selfish world is generally more concerned about quantity rather than quality. People carelessly speak half truths and exaggerations, making purposely deceptive comments that lead those around them to believe something that is not true. This is not showing integrity.

As believers, we are in the world but not of the world and we need to always ensure that we do not act like we are of this world.

The dictionary definition of the word 'integrity' is a firm adherence to a code or standard of values. As a follower of Christ, our standard should be much higher than the world's. There are certain things we Christians wouldn't even think of doing, but there are too many compromises, even in the lives of God's people. There are things we do that Jesus would never do and it is Jesus that should be our standard of integrity.

If we want to experience and enjoy prosperity, we must walk in integrity. Integrity is being committed to a life of excellence, as our God is excellent, awesome and amazing!

Integrity is keeping our word, not promising something then reneging on the deliverance. Commitment is giving our all to everything we do and finishing any task that we start.

Keep your word, even if it costs you.

Be committed to your integrity!

No comments:

Post a Comment