I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 2 August 2011

The True God

It is through God's amazing works that we can best comprehend His character. Jesus explains that God is so loving and merciful, "He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust" (Matthew 5:45). God has genuine concern for the well-being of all people, even those who live in ignorance of His existence.

It is vital that we understand God because He wants to create in us that same character - His divine nature. Peter tells us that God has "given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature" (2 Peter 1:4).

In order to understand this, a major shift of mindset is very much needed, "do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind" (Romans 12:2). Paul explains what kind of renewal should take place, "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 2:5). God wants us to become like him by emulating the thinking, attitudes and outlook towards like as shown to us by Jesus Christ.

The main way to get to know God is by practising His ways, "He who does not love does not know God, for God is love" (1 John 4:8).

The Bible is our life handbook that tells us all that we need to know about God. Christ tells us, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God" (Matthew
4:4). To know God, and to strengthen our relationship with Him we need to study Scripture on a regular basis and strive to be like Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment