I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 14 August 2011

Perfection

"You, therefore, must be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect." Matthew 5:48


 

God has commanded us to be perfect. This may seem impossible to you, but He has inbuilt in all of us a desire to attain and achieve. Most importantly, God will never, ever command us to do the impossible.

Perfection is a process. We work our way to perfection at the same time as working out what perfection actually is. It is a road that we travel along achieving small glories along the way. There are degrees of perfection; we can be bordering on perfect in one area, and be very imperfect in others.

When we give our will to God, we have a perfect heart. But even at that point, we still have faults, weaknesses, bad habits and imperfections. We need to be still in the knowledge that the Lord accepts us just as we are and treats us as if we are already perfect while we are working our way toward perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment