I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 26 August 2011

Wandering and Wondering

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" 2 Corinthians 10:5


 

Most of us experience difficulty with a wandering mind from time to time. Trying to seize control of the human mind can be like trying to capture and domesticate a wild animal! The key to casting down thoughts and not allowing them to return is to replace wrong thinking with right thinking. Focus your mind on good things. Start to train your mind to purposely think good thoughts and this will encourage you to think God-like thoughts.


 

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things." Philippians 4:8


 

Wondering about things by turning them over and over in our minds without coming to a solution, creates nothing but confusion within us. And when that turns to negative thinking we have trouble.


 

"for the kind of man who is always thinking about the cost, 'Eat and drink' he says to you, but his heart is not with you." Proverbs 23:7

No comments:

Post a Comment