I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Thursday 11 August 2011

Beauty for Ashes

"and provide for those who grieve in Zion, to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes" Isaiah 61:3


 

Thousands upon thousands of people have been very hurt in their lives, many in great severity. They come from broken homes, abusive backgrounds, abuse in every sense of the word and many other serious traumatic experiences. These experiences have a lasting effect and still produce bad fruit in their personalities. This all stunts our spiritual growth.


 

God wants to send the wind of the Holy Spirit into our lives (Acts 2:1-4), to blow away the ashes that are left from the devil's attempt to destroy us, and to replace those ashes with beauty.


 

Bad fruit comes from bad roots; our past. There is only one way to get rid of this bad fruit and that is to address the roots. If we don't do this then bad fruit will persistently crop up in all aspects of our lives.


 

God created us to be loved. He wants to love us and He wants us to love each other. His hope is that we learn to love and accept ourselves too. Without a foundation of love and acceptance, there will be no joy and peace in our lives.


 

Some people need to be 'transplanted'. If we had a sad start to our lives, Jesus will transplant us into good soil so that we can get rooted and grounded in His love, as the Bible teaches. With the knowledge that you are unique and 100% loved you will begin to produce good fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment