I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 29 August 2011

Money


"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." 1 Timothy 6:10


 

Christians make both good and bad choices and we reap from whatever we have sown. God asks us to tithe and give away things, not just money, because he doesn't want us to become too attached to our money and love it too much. If we are in the habit of being generous then greed is impossible. The only way to fight greed is with generosity. The Bible says that greed takes away the life of its possessor and this is entirely true. We sell our souls and our quality of life for money. We might take a new job that offers untold benefits including a pay rise, but when reality hits, the benefits of the job begin to destroy your life, your family and your marriage. But once this higher salary has been attained, people are loathe to give it away for anything. If you let the spirit of greed get hold of you, nothing will ever be enough for you. You will always want more and more, and the 'more' won't make you happy, it will just increase your desire to get even more.

We should never make life-altering decisions based on money alone. There are many more factors that need to be taken into account, more important ones: family, happiness, marriage, benefits, disadvantages. No amount of money is worth you being robbed of your peace or you being stressed all the time. The lack of these will ruin your life and God has a far better plan for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment