I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Understanding your Emotions

"Be very careful, then, how you live, not as unwise but as wise," Ephesians 5:15


 

Our emotions and feelings are part of the soul, given to us by God. A life without feelings would be extremely dull and boring. But, on the flipside, if we allow feelings to control us, they can become dangerous and actually make us quite miserable.

Whatever God gives us for our enjoyment, the devil will try to use it against us. God gave us feelings so that we can be a blessing to others and to the Kingdom, but the devil tries to use them to cause upset and angst. The devil wants us to make all our decisions based on our emotions so that they rule us.

Feelings become dangerous and tormenting when we do not understand that we have a choice whether or not to allow them to hurt us. When someone hurts our feelings, it is actually our choice whether to feel hurt or not.

To walk according to our emotions is to do whatever we want now, whatever feels good to us at the moment. Our future is being affected by the choices we make today.


 

Make your emotions serve you, don't spend your life serving them!

No comments:

Post a Comment