I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 27 August 2011

Looking for Peace

"He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it." 1 Peter 3:11

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27


 

When Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you", He was talking about a special kind of peace, not a worldly kind of peace. The special peace that Jesus was talking about is the kind of peace that operates all the time in every situation. The believer who is experiencing God's peace through his relationship with Jesus can have peace even in the midst of the storms of life.

1 Peter 3:11 says that we are to search for peace, to pursue it and to seek it eagerly. This verse mentions three areas in which we are to seek peace: 1. with God 2. with our fellowmen. 3. with ourselves.

Learn to love peace and to desire it always and earnestly. Seek peace, because without it you cannot enjoy life and the blessings of God.

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

The Lord said that if you seek Him with your whole heart, you will find Him. Look for peace with your whole heart and you will find what you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment