I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 6 August 2011

Justice vs Mercy

God wants us to be merciful people. He himself is especially merciful to anyone who repents "I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and life" (Ezekiel 33:11).

God's mercy and forgiveness are always available to all sinners, including murderers. God extends this to all but He wants us to repent, for breaking His commandments and turn to Him in sorrow and humility. We are then to ask for forgiveness and submit to the ordinance of baptism. Baptism serves as an act of confirmation that we consider the old self as dead, buried in a watery grave with Christ (Acts 2:38, Romans 6:4).

The calling and conversion of apostle Paul shows greatly God's mercy and forgiveness. Paul had personally voted for the execution of all Christians before his conversion (Acts 26:10), yet God forgave him, showing just how great His mercy is.

Paul speaks, "I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief. And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying and worthy of acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life" (1 Timothy 1:13-16).

No comments:

Post a Comment