I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Sunday 28 August 2011

Self-control

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10


 

Everyone wants to have the good life, but not everyone is prepared to live a disciplined and self-controlled lifestyle. However, without discipline and self- control, we will never be able to enjoy the good life that God has prepared for us.

To live a disciplined life we can't do whatever we feel like doing whenever we want. Discipline and self-control require denial of the flesh, but they lead to the good life, the kind of life in which we find peace, joy, power and so many other good things.

We don't need to live a disciplined life to receive God's love, He loves us without condition. But if we want to live the good life that He desires for us, we must choose self-control and discipline. Neither of these are easy on the flesh, they prove to be great challenges. But the victory we enjoy is worth the suffering we must endure to receive it.

Discipline is a choice, not a law, it's a decision that we make knowing that it will benefit us. It is a tool that we believers use to lead ourselves into victory.


 

Be a disciplined person who operates in the fruit of self-control!

No comments:

Post a Comment