I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 26 August 2011

Normal versus Normal

"... be transformed by the renewal of your mind..." Romans 12:2


 

In order to be transformed and renew our mind we need to have a radical change of thinking. The issue with this is that we can't change our thinking unless we know what we need to change it to. So God teaches us new ways to think, because we cannot act differently if we don't think differently.

The desired normal mind for a Christian is very different to that of a non-Christian. What is normal to the world is not acceptable in most aspects for a Christian. For example, for a believer, worry is not normal behaviour, nor is confusion. These are desired normal qualities.

Negative thinking is another type of thinking which is not normal for a Christian. There are many other kinds of thinking that should be considered abnormal for a child of God. If we look at scripture there are many, many references to what the desired, normal behaviour is for us.

When we think hateful and judgemental thoughts about people, not only can we injure them but also judgemental, resentful, unforgiving thought patterns can cause us ourselves great harm.

Being a child of God we have an opportunity to think creative, loving thoughts about people and to pray positive, faith-filled prayers. This is normal to us.

We need to use our thoughts wisely. Think about other people the way that Jesus would. Approach life and others the way that Jesus would.

No comments:

Post a Comment