I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 27 August 2011

The Anointing

"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us," 2 Corinthians 1:21


 

The anointing is one of the most important things in our life and ministry. It gives us supernatural ability and strength. The anointing is God's power, His ability resting on us to help us do things with ease that would otherwise be hard.

Every one of us has a purpose - a gifting and a calling. We don't need to be overly concerned about what it is or compare it with anyone else's. One of the devil's biggest tricks is to get us running around trying to get something that we already have and to be something we already are.

"But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth." 1 John 2:20

This verse tells us that we have been anointed, as in it's already happened. Once we know we are anointed, we can learn how to release the anointing in us. It's possible that we experience the anointing as we use our gifts.

God did not share His power with us so we could sit and do nothing with it. We are empowered by the anointing for service. We have a destiny! We will never be anointed to be anyone else. Be aware of comparison and competition. Just be yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment