I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

How to be Content

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." Philippians 4:11


 

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5


 

The Bible, in Hebrews, teaches us to be content no matter what our circumstances may be. We are not to be upset about anything, no matter what is happening in our lives. Instead, we are to pray about it, and tell God what our needs are. Whilst we are waiting for Him to act, we ought to take stock and be thankful for all that He has done for us already.


 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6


 

The secret to being content is to ask God for what you want, and know that if it is right then He will bring it to pass at the right time. And if it is not right, He will do something much better than what you asked for.

We simply must learn to trust God completely if we ultimately want to enjoy a peaceful living. We need to meditate on what God has done in our life instead of what we are still waiting on Him to do.


 

God loves you. He is a good God who only does good things. Be content in the knowledge that God's way is perfect and He brings with Him a great reward for those who trust in Him: "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded." Hebrews 10:35


 

Trust in the Lord completely and live a peaceful and contented life.

No comments:

Post a Comment