I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Obedient Lifestyle

"This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you, life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live." Deuteronomy 30:19


 

God created us with free will. This means that throughout our life we can pretty much do whatever we want. We also have the awesome responsibility of choosing His way or rejecting it. God loves us so much more than we can ever imagine or understand. Consequently, He wants the very best for us, but His Word says that He gives us a choice. He respects our right to choose and will never manipulate or control us.

The Holy Spirit seeks to work in our lives to lead us down the good path God has planned, but if we are rebellious, disobedient and persist in walking our own way, we will be allowed to do so, even though it saddens the heart and Spirit of God.

There are untold amounts of believers who have never enjoyed the good life that God has prearranged for them because they have refused to be obedient to Him. Far too many of us are not living the abundant life that God wills because they choose to walk their own way.

Throughout your life, you will be faced with many opportunities to obey or disobey. God has promised that if you choose to walk in His will, you will walk in the good life. The choice is down to you and you alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment