I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 6 August 2011

Capital Punishment

For certain crimes, God's law allows governing authorities to sentence sinners to capital punishment. When the state abides by God's principles, this does not go against the Sixth Commandment.

By giving us His laws, God has shown us His judgement on this matter. He has revealed which crimes deserve the sentence of death, and He has established strict guidelines for such decisions. For example, a suspect's guilt must be undeniably corroborated with solid evidence or witnesses before he is sentenced.

The apostle Paul reaffirms the state's authority to carry out capital punishment, "for rulers are not a terror to good works, but evil. Do you want to be unafraid of the authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise from the same. For he is God's minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God's minister, an avenger to execute the wrath on him who practises evil" (Romans 13:3-4).

No comments:

Post a Comment