I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Monday 29 August 2011

Finding and fulfilling your destiny

"because a great door for effective work, has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me." 1 Corinthians 16:9


 

We move into the fullness of God's will in stages. The devil opposes and tries to interfere with each new stage of our progress. We need to understand this fact so that we do not become confused and think that we, ourselves, have made a mistake.

The devil seeks to wear us out. He is desperate to bring so much opposition against us that we become so weary and discouraged we end up giving up. Where there is opportunity there is opposition.

We must be aware of compromise. The devil doesn't want us in the will of God, fulfilling our destiny. If he can't keep us completely out of God's will, his next tactic is to tempt us to do a little less than what God has instructed us to do. The devil tempts us to compromise. But what he purposely doesn't tell us is that compromise causes us to feel empty, regretful, lonely, discouraged and unfulfilled.

The devil uses another deceptive tool - procrastination. Good intentions do not bring us into the blessings of God - only obedience does. Our wilful choice to obey God is the lifeline between our heart's desire and the finished product.

Walk through your life without looking back. The devil may think he is destroying you, but often he is actually providing valuable experience that will help you learn to stay out of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment