I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Saturday 13 August 2011

In Christ

"And you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority" Colossians 2:10


 

One of the most awesome and freeing phrases in the Bible in my opinion is "in Christ". Through Him all things were perfectly created and through Him they will all be reconciled with God.

It is not uncommon for a Christian to suffer from an identity crisis of a spiritual nature. They simply do not know who they are in Christ. It can take a lot of praying, meditating and listening to God to work this through and come to a realisation.

Everything we are and need can be found "in Him". In Him we are redeemed. In Him we are complete. Our wisdom, strength, peace and hope are in Him. Absolutely everything we need and are, are entirely in Him.

Jesus was made perfect for us. Our acceptability to God is not based at all on our performance, but on the amount of faith and trust that we put into Jesus' performance.

We need to learn to enjoy the fullness of life that Jesus has provided for us. When you truly believe and have total faith, your place "in Christ" will be established.


 

"Because I am 'in Christ', I am a new creation. Old things have passed away. All things have become new" 2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment