I already have a blog where I keep all my creative work. My life is changing a lot at the moment and there are lots of issues, beliefs and such that I find myself musing for hours over. I've decided that it might be a good idea to write my musings down somewhere. I have no idea where this will go so it will be an adventure, an exciting one I hope.

Friday 5 August 2011

Honouring Parents as Adults

Honouring our parents should not stop when we become adults. Honour is a lifetime commitment. We should still respect their wisdom, spend time with them and do our best to keep in touch with them. As they grow old, our honouring of them may change to include physically caring for them and as necessary, helping support them financially.

We and our children should ensure that our grandparents are honoured. They have contributed greatly to our lives and are more than worthy.

We ought to find opportunities to spend time listening to and speaking with our grandparents. Children who honour and love their grandparents broaden their understanding of people and life.

Families are the building blocks of all societies. Strong families build strong societies and nations. When families are fractured and broken the results are tragic and are reflected every day in the headlines in the media. Any individual or group that understands the importance of strong families reaps the reward of an improved relationship with, and blessings from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment